Bensalem Personal Injury Attorney
If you are from the Bensalem area or you were injured here, contact us today for a free, confidential consultation and case evaluation. During your consultation, we will evaluate your case and go over all of your options with you. If retained, we will hold each and every party accountable for their negligent actions which led to your injuries so you and your family can focus on getting better.
Bensalem and Personal Injuries
Bensalem is one of the oldest townships in Pennsylvania having been founded in 1692 only 10 years after the Pennsylvania Colony was founded. Today its home to 60,000 people making it the ninth largest township in Pennsylvania. It sits north and east of Philadelphia sharing its western and southern borders.
The people of Bensalem live, work and play hard putting them at risk for personal injuries. Their economy is diverse, but is still fairly blue collar with construction and manufacturing combined making up the largest portion of employment by population. There are five steel plants in Bensalem that employ over 5,000 people, many of whom live in Bensalem. There is also a vibrant retail trade that supports locals and draws shoppers from around the region.
Other significant employment sectors in Bensalem are healthcare, education and arts and entertainment. All of this is great for the economy and livelihood of the people of Bensalem, but it also puts them at risk of injury.
Though many people work in Bensalem or one of the nearby communities, many make the commute into Philadelphia every day to work. The most common route is to take I-95 straight into the city, but if its congested or otherwise impassable, then commuters get on U.S. 13 that will take the multi-stop light route though the neighborhoods and into the northwest section of Philly.
Bensalem’s roads are filled with people coming in from outside to work as well as go shopping and dining. This, along with the usual hustle and bustle of daily traffic, puts the people at risk for injuries from auto accidents.
Delivery and Commercial Trucks
With Bensalem’s vibrant manufacturing and construction industries come trucks, and lots of them. Adding to these are the many delivery trucks filling the retail shelves and delivering personal packages. These are necessary, but the put the people of Bensalem at risk of injury.
Large commercial trucks make up about 10 percent of all vehicle accident deaths in the U.S. and that number is about the same for Pennsylvania residents, including those in Bensalem. When trucks and cars tangle, the occupants of the car are more severely injured around 70 percent of the time, and that translates into higher risks for the people of Bensalem.
With industry comes risk. Construction and manufacturing are dangerous, and sometimes the public is at risk because of the work being done. For example, a construction site is often out in public and sometimes accidents happen. People walking or driving by can be injured though no fault of their own. Other times, the products that are manufactured can cause injury leading to a products liability claim. When this happens, the life of the injured victim can be changed dramatically and the financial losses can be devastating.
Bensalem people work hard to earn some down time. This plays out in activities that often have risk. Off-road bike and ATV, hunting, fishing and even axe-throwing contests. You heard it right: axe throwing. It’s like darts but more dangerous. Participants in activities such as these can be injured in a number of ways, some of the most common are:
- Equipment accidents: Roller skates, gym equipment, weight benches, basketball hoops and many other types of equipment can malfunction and cause injury.
- Premises accidents: Many recreation activities—like axe throwing—require one to be on private property, and sometimes people are injured due to the lack of care taken by the proprietors.
- Fellow Participants: Accidents happen when people get together to play. Coaches, team members, supervisors, workers, and even spectators can cause someone injury.
Common Types of Injuries
There are many ways the people of Bensalem can be injured. Whether its an auto accident, a construction injury or a recreation injury, there are some common types that cause people to need compensation. They are:
- Head Injuries: Auto accident, sports and industrial injuries can cause concussions and traumatic brain injuries that can be devastating.
- Broken bones: Broken arms, legs, wrists and ribs are all common injuries that people face when engaging in daily activities. All of these require treatment, rehabilitation and run the risk of downtime from work.
- Disease: Some types of work, especially in construction and manufacturing, put people at risk of disease.
- Blunt Force Trauma: When cars and people collide, the impact can be violent and cause blunt force trauma injuries that can cause severe injuries or even death.
- Fatalities: Sometimes these injuries cause death, and when they do, there could be a claim for a wrongful death.
Contact a Bensalem Personal Injury Lawyer Now.
If you live in Bensalem, you can count on Edith Pearce and the attorneys at The Pearce Law Firm, P.C. Before you talk to an insurer, talk to a Bensalem Personal Injury Attorney first. The consultation costs you nothing, and you will be given information vital to your case.