If you are from Maple Glen and you get injured in an accident that was someone else’s fault, contact the Pearce Law Firm Personal Injury and Accident Lawyers for a free, confidential consultation and case evaluation. During your consultation, we will evaluate your case and go over all of your options with you. If retained, we will hold each and every party accountable for their negligent actions which led to your injuries so you and your family can focus on getting better.
Maple Glen Personal Injuries
Maple Glen is an unincorporated census-designated place (CDP) in Montgomery County, PA, located around 15 miles straight north of Philadelphia. The area is a mix of neighborhoods, retail and educational facilities. Around 7,000 people live in the Maple Glen area with many commuting the almost 20 miles into Philadelphia and surrounding communities to do to work, while other find employment within and around Maple Glen.
Temple University’s Ambler Campus is located in Maple Glen along with many churches, parks and hospitals and retail shops. This means that Maple Glen residents are on the go and at risk for personal injury.
All this driving makes Maple Glen car accidents inevitable, but people can get hurt in many other ways. When they are, they will often need to be compensated for their injuries to avoid the significant financial loss that comes with an injury.
Common Types of Injuries in Accidents
When Maple Glen residents get injured in any one of these accidents and the injury can be in many forms, depending on the circumstances and the cause of the injury. Come of the common injuries the people of Maple Glen can expect are:
- Head Injuries: Auto accidents, sports, and industrial injuries can cause concussions and traumatic brain injuries that can be devastating.
- Broken bones: Broken arms, legs, wrists, and ribs are all common injuries that people face in an accident like a slip and fall or car accident. All of these require treatment, rehabilitation and run the risk of downtime from work.
- Occupational Disease: Some types of work, especially in construction and manufacturing, put people at risk of disease.
- Blunt Force Trauma: When cars and people collide, the impact can be violent and cause blunt force trauma injuries that can cause severe injuries or even death.
- Fatalities: Sometimes these injuries cause death, and when they do, there could be a claim for a wrongful death.
- Product Liability: People from Maple Glen buy goods locally and online, and this results in injuries that are the fault of the designer, producer of the packager for making a defective product.
Common Workplace Occupational Disease Accidents
One of the things many people take for granted is that their place of work is safe. It is quite common for people to end up suffering from long-term and sometimes life-threatening diseases or disorders caused directly by their working conditions. It is important to make sure that you are being given the proper safety equipment to carry out the duties of your job. If your workplace fails to provide the necessary equipment the results could be devastating and require compensation to take care of medical bills. Some of the most common workplace occupational diseases include:
- Hearing Loss – many manual labor, manufacturing, and construction jobs require workers to be around heavy machinery that operates at decibels far exceeding the level which is healthy for the human ear. Protective great worn on job sites or in factories may not always be sufficient, leading to hearing problems and loss down the road.
- Chronic Skin Diseases – there are many chemical and biological agents that workers from all types of industries could come into contact with that can lead to harmful rashes and diseases like dermatitis. From industrial cleaning agents to simply wearing gloves or rigorous hand cleaning in a healthcare setting, dermatitis and other skin conditions can develop easily.
- Respiratory Illnesses – breathing problems like asthma, emphysema, or COPD can all be caused when people are forced to work around certain chemicals and in poorly ventilated areas.
- Musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) – Many MSDs can be caused by heavy lifting or straining and long work hours, however, they are also common for people whose jobs have many repetitive motions such as typing on a keyboard in office jobs. Common MSDs include carpal tunnel syndrome and tendonitis.
- Cancer – there are a number of jobs whose health risks have only been discovered over time. Jobs that allowed people to work with harmful chemicals and materials like asbestos. It is estimated that about 24% of occupational-related deaths are due to cancer.
- Mental Health Disorders – stress can be an overwhelming factor in any workplace or job situation. Stress can lead to a number of different mental health issues including anxiety, depression, and even PTSD.
- Infectious Diseases – certain industries such as healthcare have a higher than normal risk for their employees to come into contact with infectious diseases like hepatitis B and C, tuberculosis, or covid. Even when PPE (personal protective equipment) is used there is still a risk for employees to contract these diseases.
When these sorts of incidents occur reach out to an experienced workplace compensation lawyer in Maple Glen or Philadelphia for a consultation about your case. You could be entitled to compensation for the medical expenses and loss of work that have occurred due to your occupational disease injury.
Contact a Maple Glen PA Personal Injury and Auto Accident Attorney
If you live in Maple Glen, you can count on Edith Pearce and the attorneys at The Pearce Law Firm, P.C. to take care of you if you are injured because of someone else’s negligence. Once you’ve been injured and made a claim, the insurance company will have someone contact you to discuss your case. Contact our office for your free case consultation today.
Don’t talk to them until you’ve spoken to a Maple Glen Personal Injury Attorney first. The consultation costs you nothing, and you will be given information vital to your case. Don’t represent yourself, let the caring, skilled, and experienced attorneys at the Pearce Law firm, P.C. to work on your behalf.
See What Our Clients Have To Say About Us:
“Nicole was my lawyer and I absolutely adore her! She helped me get through physical therapy after my back and shoulder injury. She always responded in a timely manner and was very informative throughout the process. I am more than pleased with my settlement and I 100% recommend Pearce Law Firm for Personal Injury and Accident Claims.”
Rating 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
See our 4.8 rating and read more of our 71+ reviews on Google