Here are some examples of inadequate or negligent security for which a lawsuit may be appropriate:
- Workplace violence causing injuries sometimes fatal injuries involving homicide
- Attacks, rapes, or assaults at hotels due to negligently allowing intruders access past the front desk to guest rooms or other inadequate security measures
- Assaults including attacks at apartment complexes due to insufficient lighting and security safeguards
- Bars, restaurants, and clubs not providing proper private security, including not removing other guests who are intoxicated or violent
- Parking garages and parking lots failing to provide adequate security or sufficient lighting
- Theaters, arenas and sports stadiums failing to provide adequate security leading to fights or assaults including failing to properly screen guests
- Schools, universities and day care centers negligently providing adequate security
There are many ways a property owner can protect people from criminal activity, and the law may hold them responsible especially if the property owner knew or should have known of the risk. Some simple measures for security may include: hiring qualified employees to perform security and performing background checks on employees; training employees to better prevent security breaches that may lead to assaults; providing proper locks and gates; providing security cameras; providing proper lighting and other deterrents to prevent criminal activity.
If you have a negligent security complaint, our lawyers can assist you in determining whether or not your lawsuit will be successful and work with you to attempt to obtain monetary compensation for your injuries. Edith Pearce, the managing partner of the firm, works personally on each case that we receive. She is a member of MENSA and works hard to aggressively pursue justice for each of her clients. Additionally, she is a negligent security expert and is passionate about using her skills and expertise to protect her clients’ rights.
If you have been attacked, carjacked in a parking lot, robbed, involved in a bar fight, or have otherwise been a victim of negligent security, you deserve outstanding and personalized legal representation. At The Pearce Law Firm, you will receive just that. We take pride in the high-quality legal services we offer to Philadelphia residents, and we are excited to start working on your case. To learn more or to schedule a consultation, call us today.