Employment Discrimination Victim?
State and federal laws prohibit employers from discriminating against persons (employees and potential employees) on the basis of race, age, color, sex/gender, national origin, disability, religion, and pregnancy. In certain states and cities, including New Jersey and Philadelphia, sexual orientation is also included. Further, employers can be held liable for sexual harassment that occurs at the workplace and for not granting Family and Medical Leave (FMLA) when required.
When an employer makes hiring, firing, promotion, and compensation decisions on any basis except for ability and job performance, there may be a form of employment discrimination involved. Call the nearby Philadelphia discrimination lawyers at The Pearce Law Firm Personal Injury & Accident Lawyers P.C. or schedule a free consultation by sending us a message through the contact form below. We can discuss your case for free.
The Pearce Law Firm Personal Injury & Accident Lawyers P.C. Specializes in Employment Discrimination Cases that fall into these categories:
- Sexual Harassment
- Age Discrimination and/or Harassment
- Gender/Sex Discrimination and or Harassment
- Race Discrimination and or Harassment
- Disability Discrimination
- National Origin Discrimination or Harassment
- Family and Medical Leave (FMLA) Discrimination
All of these types of employment discrimination are illegal, but discrimination cases can be challenging to prove. However, an experienced employment discrimination lawyer in Philadelphia understands that discrimination can be subtle and covert (rather than overt) and knows how to gather evidence in these matters, present a compelling case and get you the compensation you deserve.
Experienced Discrimination Lawyer in Philadelphia
If your rights have been violated by an employer or potential employer, and/or if you have been treated unfairly, harassed, discriminated against, or unfairly passed over for employment, promotion, or fair compensation, Edith Pearce can help. An expert in employment issues, including the whole alphabet soup of employment law (ADA, ADEA, NJFLA, FMLA, PHRA, EPA, Title VII etc.). Edith Pearce takes an aggressive approach to violations of employment law to get the best possible results for her clients. Edith Pearce has been considered the best of the best in employment law.
In 2005, Edith Pearce was named a “Super Lawyer,” designating her as one of the top 5% of Pennsylvania lawyers. In fact, in the practice area of employment litigation, only 41 lawyers received this honor, and only 12 of the 41 were women, including Edith Pearce. She has received the highest rating, “AV,” from Martindale-Hubbell. Up-to-the-minute knowledge of the rapidly changing interpretations of employment law is absolutely critical to your case, as is a swift investigation, early trial posturing, and vigorous pursuit.
Edith Pearce is a highly sought-after employment lawyer who has appeared on various television programs including It’s Your Call with Lynn Doyle for her legal opinion on current employment law issues of the day including a Michigan company firing workers who smoked outside the workplace.
Employment Discrimination Is Illegal and Wrong
Employers who discriminate must be stopped, and employees who have been victims of discrimination should be compensated. Edith Pearce is the employment discrimination lawyer in Philadelphia to do both.
From The EEOC Web Site:
Under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), it is illegal to discriminate in any aspect of employment, including:
- Hiring and firing;
- Compensation, assignment, or classification of employees;
- Transfer, promotion, layoff, or recall;
- Job advertisements;
- Use of company facilities;
- Training and apprenticeship programs;
- Fringe benefits;
- Pay, retirement plans, and disability leave; or
- Other terms and conditions of employment.
Discriminatory practices under these laws also include:
- Harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or age;
- Retaliation against an individual for filing a charge of discrimination, participating in an investigation, or opposing discriminatory practices; employment decisions based on stereotypes or assumptions about the abilities, traits, or performance of individuals of a certain sex, race, age, religion, or ethnic group, or individuals with disabilities;
- Denying employment opportunities to a person because of marriage to, or association with, an individual of a particular race, religion, national origin, or an individual with a disability.
- Title VII also prohibits discrimination because of participation in schools or places of worship associated with a particular racial, ethnic, or religious group.
Contact a Philadelphia Discrimination Lawyer Near You
If you feel your rights have been violated by an employer or potential employer in Philadelphia or anywhere in Pennsylvania or New Jersey, the firm will work diligently to arrive at a timely settlement or proceed to trial to obtain the compensation you deserve.
See What Our Clients Say
“I had the pleasure of having Nicole Vitale for my lawyer. Nicole was awesome and very proficient about my case. I am glad that I choose Pearce Law firm. Thank you Nicole for taking my case you were really awesome!!!”
Rating 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
See our 4.8 rating and read more of our 81 reviews on Google!
Check out what Judy Billings had to say about us on Avvo:
“The Pearce Law Firm did an excellent job representing me and obtaining a fantastic settlement. Their attorney’s and staff were competent and also held my hand through the process. I appreciated their kindness and empathy for what I had been through. I did not have to go to court, which would have been a traumatic experience, because they were able to negotiate a settlement. I had spoke to several attorney’s who did not want to bother with my case since it was complicated. The Pearce Law Firm took my case and had the know how to secure me a nice settlement. They are sharp attorney’s – thank you Nicole Vitale for believing in me and being smart enough to take on my law suit and win. The settlement has given me peace of mind that I received justice. Thank you so much!”
Rating: 5/5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐