There are many examples of gender discrimination in the workplace, for example:
- Failure to hire based on gender considerations rather than actual qualifications
- Any job decisions based on gender, for example, being told that either a man or a woman is preferable for a certain job
- Failure to hire one or the other gender because “this is a man’s job” or a “woman’s job”
- Promoting one gender over the other if they are equally qualified for the job
- Failing to promote women to management positions because these have been typically filled by men
- Failing to advance, promote or hire women because of pregnancy, breast feeding or child rearing concerns,
- Laying off one gender over another based on the idea that, for example, it’s more important for men to keep their jobs because they need to support their families
- Promoting less qualified persons of one gender over more qualified persons of the other gender
- Paying disparate wages for the exact same job based on gender considerations
- Providing fewer opportunities, including less desirable leads, a less desirable area, or less high-powered clients to one gender
- Treating an employee differently or limiting opportunities after a pregnancy leave opportunity
- Health insurance benefits paid for female spouses and children, but not male spouses
Experience & Expertise
If your rights have been violated by an employer or potential employer, and you feel you are a victim of sex discrimination, Edith Pearce can help. An expert in employment issues and sex discrimination cases, Ms. Pearce takes an aggressive approach to workplace discrimination of any kind and will work diligently on your behalf to right the wrongs you have suffered and obtain full and fair compensation for you. Edith Pearce has been considered the best of the best in employment law.
In 2005, Edith Pearce was named a “Super Lawyer,” designating her as one of the top 5% of Pennsylvania lawyers. In fact, in the practice area of employment litigation, only 41 lawyers received this honor, and only 12 of the 41 were women, including Edith Pearce. She has received the highest rating, “AV,” from Martindale-Hubbell. Up-to-the-minute knowledge of the rapidly changing interpretations of employment law is absolutely critical to your case, as is a swift investigation, early trial posturing and vigorous pursuit.
Edith A. Pearce is a highly sought after employment lawyer who has appeared on various television programs including It’s Your Call with Lynn Doyle for her legal opinion on current employment law issues of the day. Employment and sex discrimination laws are constantly changing and being reinterpreted by the courts. Up-to-the-minute knowledge of these rapid developments is absolutely critical to your case, so it is important to choose a lawyer who is well-versed and well experienced in sex discrimination cases.
Sex Discrimination Is Illegal and Wrong
Employers who engage in or allow sex discrimination must be stopped; and employees who have been victims of sex discrimination should be fairly compensated. Edith Pearce is the sex discrimination lawyer to accomplish both outcomes. Her aggressive approach includes a swift investigation, early trial posturing and vigorous pursuit.
The Compensation You Deserve
If you feel you have been discriminated against based on your sex and gender or your rights have been violated by an employer or potential employer in Philadelphia or anywhere in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, the Pearce Law Firm will thoroughly investigate your sex discrimination claim and will work diligently to arrive at a timely settlement or proceed to trial to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Call us today for a FREE discrimination CONSULTATION with a sex discrimination attorney.
We are dedicated to protecting your rights, putting a stop to sex discrimination in the workplace, and obtaining full and fair compensation for you.
(215) 557-8686 :: Contact Us
If you feel you have been discriminated against based on your sex and gender or your rights have been violated by an employer or potential employer in Philadelphia or anywhere in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, contact us today for a FREE discrimination CONSULTATION.
Check out what Reeka had to say about us on Google:
“My attorney, William Ringland, did a fantastic job. I would highly recommend the Pearce Law Firm to anyone seeking great legal representation.”