- The negligence of other drivers, such as driver inattentiveness or texting while driving;
- Drivers operating vehicles while under the influence of drugs or alcohol;
- Failure of a driver to use turn signals, or obey traffic lights, signals or signs;
- Failure of a driver to yield or stop when he or she is supposed to;
- Driver inexperience (i.e., young drivers who lack experience behind the wheel) or driver incompetence (i.e., old drivers who really shouldn’t be behind the wheel);
- Poorly maintained roadways;
- Defective vehicles;
- Improper vehicle maintenance; and
- Improperly loaded vehicles.
Investigation of the Car Accident
When you have been injured in a car accident, one of the first things you need to do is seek the medical attention that you need for your injuries, and then consult with an experienced Pennsylvania car accident attorney. Your attorney will set out to develop a full understanding of the facts and circumstances leading up to your accident. Your lawyer will investigate the accident to assess who is liable and whether the accident could have been avoided or prevented. This assessment will identify any and all potential sources of recovery for the car accident.
Your lawyer will also help you obtain an evaluation of your car accident-related injuries. This medical analysis will determine the extent and scope of your injuries so that a better valuation of the recovery you need to seek through your personal injury claim can be calculated. The calculation will take into consideration any incurred medical expenses, future medical care, lost wages, lost future earnings and property damage.
Your car accident lawyer can also assist you with handling your insurance company, or the insurance company of the person who hit you. Dealing with insurance companies can be intimidating since they purposely try to undervalue your claim. Your lawyer will stand up for your rights, and will work with the insurance company to try and get you the compensation that you need.
Contact A Car Accident Lawyer Serving Upper Darby Today
The car accident lawyers at The Pearce Law Firm, P.C. have assisted numerous personal injury clients in Upper Darby and Delaware County to obtain the compensation that they deserve for their car accident. Let us help you with your claim. Contact our attorneys either online or by calling (215) 557-8686 for a free initial consultation today.