skip to Main Content

How To Get a Car Accident Report in Chester PA

Request Free Consultation.
Submit Your Case.


  • Exceptionally Smart Representation: Edith Pearce, MENSA member
  • Proven Results: Lifetime member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
  • No Fee unless we recover for you. Free Consultations
  • Peer Recognized Excellence: Super Lawyers; Philadelphia’s Best Lawyers; Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum; and AV Preeminent Rated® by Martindale-Hubbell-less than 5% of lawyers in U.S. receive this rating
  • National Reputation: Featured in Newsweek, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia Magazine, FOX, Comcast, ABC
  • Inside knowledge to obtain top settlements: Decades of prior experience working for insurance companies means we know how to fight them for you!
  • Personal Attention with Aggressive Representation: Unlike many large law firms, the founding lawyer of our firm, Edith Pearce is involved in every case
  • Better Business Bureau A+ Rating -VIEW OUR BBB RATING

Collision reports are available by Chester Police Department to people involved in the accident a couple of weeks after the accident has occurred. These reports may be picked up by you, your insurer or your attorney.

If you accident involved a serious injury or a death, be sure to speak to an experienced car accident lawyer before speaking to the negligent party’s insurer. In many cases, an injury attorney can help you obtain significantly more compensation for your injury than you would receive without one.

How to get your accident report

Collision reports are available to those involved in the accident, their insurers, or the attorney representing the injured party. If you are injured and have retained an attorney, your attorney will obtain the accident report on your behalf.

To get your report, you can pick it up in person at:

Chester Police Department
160 East 7th Street
3rd Floor
Chester, PA 19013

Reports cost $15 and should be paid for via a money order made payable to City of Chester.

It is advised to call first to make sure the accident report is prepared prior to your visit. You can call the records division by dialing 610-447-7931.

When you call, it is a good idea to have your incident number handy if available.

Reports are usually available on business days in Chester up until around 4PM.

Do I need a lawyer after a car accident?

Don’t forget, insurers have attorneys working for them. In many cases, you should to. Be sure to contact Personal Injury Lawyer Edith Pearce for a free consultation. Having a skilled and experienced attorney on your side often results in significantly more compensation for injured victims, and/or their families.

Here’s what to do after a car accident:

Back To Top Call Now Button