skip to Main Content

How Do I Get an Accident Report in Philadelphia?

Request Free Consultation.
Submit Your Case.


  • Exceptionally Smart Representation: Edith Pearce, MENSA member
  • Proven Results: Lifetime member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
  • No Fee unless we recover for you. Free Consultations
  • Peer Recognized Excellence: Super Lawyers; Philadelphia’s Best Lawyers; Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum; and AV Preeminent Rated® by Martindale-Hubbell-less than 5% of lawyers in U.S. receive this rating
  • National Reputation: Featured in Newsweek, The Philadelphia Inquirer, Philadelphia Magazine, FOX, Comcast, ABC
  • Inside knowledge to obtain top settlements: Decades of prior experience working for insurance companies means we know how to fight them for you!
  • Personal Attention with Aggressive Representation: Unlike many large law firms, the founding lawyer of our firm, Edith Pearce is involved in every case
  • Better Business Bureau A+ Rating -VIEW OUR BBB RATING

Car Accident? Need A Copy Of Your Report? We’ll Get It For You

Call Us 24/7 – (215) 261-7014

…or read on for instructions on getting your own accident report
call pearce law firm 215-261-7014

Here’s how to get a car accident report in Philadephia. You can get your accident report by requesting a copy by mail following the steps outlined below or picking it up in person at the Records Department at City Hall.

To Obtain Your Accident Report by Mail

  1. Fill out the Accident Report Application. You will need the date and location of the accident, district control number, Philadelphia Code, driver’s name, and insured party.
  2. Fill out this affidavit, and include a government-issued ID. If you do not have one, attach this form with documentation proving identification.
  3. Include payment using Check or Money Order made payable to “City of Philadelphia”. Accident reports are $25. Photos are often available if there was a serious injury or death and they cost $27 for the first print and $9 for each additional.
  4. Mail your request to this address: Department of Records, Traffic Accident Reports, Room 168, City Hall, Philadelphia, PA 19107.

To Obtain Your Accident Report In-Person

  1. Visit the Records Department in room 170 at City Hall which COVID-19 hours are Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 2 PM.

How Soon Are Car Accident Reports Available In Philadelphia?

Accident reports are available about 2 weeks after they are reported to the police. The Philadephia Department of Records recommends waiting 2 to 3 weeks before applying for copies.

How To Expedite Receiving Your Accident Report?

To expedite your request visit the Records Department in person or if you’ve sent your request via mail include a self-addressed stamped envelope.

Who Can Request a Copy of a Philadelphia Car Accident Report?

People who may obtain car accident reports include individuals involved in the accident, automobile insurance companies, injury attorneys representing clients involved in the accident, and other government agencies.  If you are one of these individuals, obtain your report follow the steps above.

Looking for a PA State Police Accident Report?

If your accident report was done by a Pennsylvania State Police trooper you’ll need to get a Pennsylvania State Police accident report by following the steps on that page.

Why You Need a Car Accident Lawyer

If you have been involved in an accident involving a serious injury or a loved one passed away during the collision, be sure to contact Philadelphia car accident lawyer Edith Pearce for a free consultation. The Pearce Law Firm is dedicated to helping car accident victims, and our attorneys will offer you and your family personal attention and compassion, unlike many other law firms.

Above you will find instructions for how to obtain a police accident report from Philadelphia Police Department’s record division which provides reports for accidents in Philadelphia County. While your insurer may do this for you, obtaining this report is just one of the many steps people will need to do after any type of pedestrian or car accident. If you have more than a property damage claim, such as an injury, it is advised to at least consult with an attorney. If needed and retained, we will obtain these reports on your behalf.

Read Our Reviews

Check out what Bob had to say about us on Google:

“The best choice I made was going with Pearce Law Firm after my accident. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. Friendly staff. Awesome experience. Thank You!!”

Rating: 5/5

Back To Top Call Now Button