Injured In A Car Accident? Need A Copy Of Your Bensalem Accident Report? Contact One Of Our Car Accident Lawyers
Call Us 24/7 – (215) 557-8686 or Email Us Here
…or read on for instructions on getting your own Bensalem accident report
How To Get a Bensalem, PA Police Report
There are a few options for getting a copy of your Bensalem Township Police Department accident report. We recommend having information about your accident ready when you request the report, including the report number, your name, driver’s license number, vehicle plate number, the date and time of the accident, the accident location, details about involved parties, along with your mailing address, phone number, and email address in order to make the process as streamlined as possible. And, if you need a personal injury lawyer in Bensalem, you’ve come to the right place.
Bensalem Township is a vibrant suburban community located in Bucks County, Pennsylvania. It’s a diverse and bustling area known for its blend of residential neighborhoods, commercial developments, and historical landmarks. While Bensalem is a lovely suburban community with low crime rates, the area is not immune to traffic accidents. If you’ve been in an accident in Bensalem and are looking for a copy of your police report, you have several options.
How to Get a Bensalem Accident Report Online
Bensalem Township does not have an option for obtaining a police accident report online directly through the township. However, non-emergency, not in-progress police reports can be requested online via the township’s Crimewatch page or via crashdocs.org.
How to Get a Bensalem Accident Report by Mail
To request a copy of your Bensalem Township accident report via mail, be sure to include the type of incident, the police report number, a photocopy of your ID, a check or money order for $10, and a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Crash Reports Unit
1800 Elmerton Avenue
Harrisburg, PA 17110
How to Get a Bensalem Accident Report by Phone
Contact the Bensalem Township Records Department directly at (215) 633-3700 to request a copy of the report directly via phone or to check the status of a report before heading in to pick it up in person.
How to Get a Bensalem Accident Report in Person
Bensalem police accident reports can be picked up in person directly from the police department:
Bensalem Township Police Department
2400 Byberry Rd
Bensalem, PA 19020
Upon entering the Township building from the main entrance (near the clock), turn left to get to the report window.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Bensalem Accident Report?
The cost for an accident report from the Bensalem Township Police Department is $10. Money orders and checks are the only payment methods currently accepted by the township. Tip: If you were injured and don’t believe the accident was your fault, contact us for a free consultation.
How Long Does It Take To Get the Bensalem Accident Report?
The time it takes to receive an accident report from the Bensalem Township Police Department can vary, but car accident police reports are typically ready within two weeks.
In some cases, you might be able to obtain a copy of the report at the police station within a few days of the accident, especially if the report is readily available. However, if the report requires further processing or if the accident investigation is more complex and takes longer to complete, it might take longer to obtain the report. Factors such as the workload of the department, the extent of the accident, and any ongoing investigations can influence the timeline for receiving a crash report.
The easiest way to find out how long it will take to get your Bensalem car accident police report is to contact the Bensalem Township Police Department directly to check on the time needed to prepare your accident report. They can provide information about the processing time based on your specific situation.
What Documentation Is Required to Get the Bensalem Accident Report?
To obtain a copy of your accident report from the Bensalem Township Police Department, you’ll want to be prepared with the following information and documentation:
- Report Details: If you have it, provide the police report number or any relevant reference numbers related to the accident. This helps in locating and preparing the report.
- Personal Information: Provide personal details such as your name, address, phone contact information, and email address. This information is used both for identification purposes and to send you the report once it’s prepared.
- Accident Details: Be prepared to provide details about your accident in Bensalem, including the date, time, and location of the incident. Details about involved vehicles, drivers, and any injuries sustained might also be requested.
- Identification: You will need a valid form of identification, such as a driver’s license or another government-issued ID, to verify your identity and association with the accident.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, our Bucks County car accident lawyers can help.
What Does the Bensalem Accident Report Include?
Your Bensalem car accident report will contain detailed information about the incident as documented by the responding police officers. While the specifics might vary, a typical Bensalem Township accident report usually includes:
- Accident Details: This includes the date, time, and location of the accident.
- Parties Involved: Information about the drivers and vehicles involved, including names, addresses, contact information, driver’s license numbers, and vehicle registration information.
- Witness Statements: Statements provided by witnesses or individuals involved in the accident.
- Accident Description: A description of how the accident occurred, including factors such as weather conditions, road conditions, and any other contributing factors that may have led to the crash.
- Diagrams or Sketches: If available, there may be a diagram or sketch illustrating the accident scene, indicating the positions of the vehicles and other relevant details.
- Injuries and Damages: Details about injuries sustained by individuals involved and any property damage incurred during the accident.
- Citations or Violations: Any citations or traffic violations issued by the responding officers at the scene of the accident.
This information in the accident report is used for insurance claims, legal proceedings, and documentation purposes. It serves as an official record of the incident and aids in determining fault or liability in the event of disputes or legal actions arising from the accident.
Bensalem Accident Report Assistance
Our team has experience gathering reports and necessary paperwork pertaining to your car accident. This way, you can prioritize your recovery without worrying about chasing down paperwork. If you have any questions about the steps to take after a car accident, procedures for obtaining documents, or would like assistance with ordering them, please reach out to us at any time.