Request Free Consultation.
Submit Your Case.
Any car accident can be frightening and has the potential to cause serious injuries and damages. Many people mistakenly believe that only high-speed accidents cause serious injuries, but this is simply not true. Whiplash is a serious injury and is one of the most common types to occur, whether the accident was high speed or not. Our Philadelphia car accident lawyers are here to ensure you know the proper steps to take to get fair compensation for your whiplash injuries.
Signs of Whiplash After a Car Accident Near Philadelphia
Whiplash does not always present itself immediately, sometimes the symptoms don’t manifest for a few days. When your body does begin to show signs of whiplash after an accident, you should seek medical treatment as soon as possible. Untreated whiplash could not only worsen over time, but failing to treat your injury seriously could also work against your legal case should you seek compensation for your injuries later. An experienced Philadelphia whiplash lawyer can help.
Some of the most common signs of whiplash include the following:
- Sore neck
- Inability to hold head up without additional support
- Inability to turn head to the right or left
- Headaches and migraines
- Pain and muscle spasms in neck, shoulders, and arms
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
If you experience any of these whiplash symptoms, it’s crucial that you seek medical attention as soon as possible. Once a formal diagnosis is rendered, we can help you hold the responsible party accountable for their actions and seek financial compensation to cover both your treatment and your suffering.
Costs of Pennsylvania Whiplash Injuries
Fortunately, in most cases, whiplash will heal on its own. The healing process can be painfully slow, and unfortunately, for some, they never fully recover. Some cases of whiplash can have lasting effects, causing lifelong pain and discomfort. There are treatment options to make the healing process faster and more comfortable, however. The treatment for whiplash can involve a variety of options including:
- pain medication
- a supportive medical device such as a cervical collar or neck brace
- physical therapy
Insurance might cover some of these things, but you may also have an out-of-pocket copay or deductible and additional expenses. On top of these expenses are wages lost due to time off work, as well as losing the ability to carry out your normal daily activities.
In some cases, there are long-term effects, which make whiplash a very serious injury to contend with. As with any injury or medical issue, there can be unforeseen complications and hidden costs. Whatever you endure in the wake of your accident, it should be accounted for in your settlement.
Types of Whiplash Damages Recoverable in Pennsylvania
There are a variety of damages that can be recovered for whiplash injuries. Our Philadelphia neck injury lawyers can help you get compensation for:
- Medical bills: This can help cover a variety of medical expenses including the cost of treatments, doctor visits and appointments, hospital bills, surgery expenses, physical therapy, and even estimated future medical costs for your whiplash injuries.
- Pain and suffering: This is based on the amount of pain and suffering you experienced and may experience down the road as a result of the accident that is not included in your medical expenses.
- Lost wages: Missed work due to recovery from injuries, medical appointments, and other accident-related issues can be accounted for in lost wage compensation. If your whiplash injury is severe enough to prevent you from returning to work, you may also be entitled to future lost wages.
An experienced whiplash attorney will be able to help you determine what compensation you are entitled to, and will help you build a case to ensure you receive the full compensation you are owed for your injuries. At Pearce, we work hard to build a strong case for our clients so they can focus on recovering after an accident.
Let Our Experienced Philadelphia Whiplash Lawyers Help
If you were not at fault for the car accident, you should not have to cover the financial losses yourself. You could be entitled to compensation, which can help you deal with both the expenses and the stress of the accident. We can help you value your claim, negotiate with insurance companies, and pursue your claim in court.
If you have been injured in a car accident near Philadelphia that left you with whiplash, let the Pearce Law Firm help you seek justice. You don’t have to navigate the process alone, call our office at 215-557-8686 or complete the form at the bottom of this page to get started.